If, like us, you have a healthy obsession with eating competitions then the Street Food Chef Burrito Challenge is for you.
Beware: Many who take on this eating challenge are victorious, but many have fallen at the hands of this, Sheffield’s very own foodie version of a Mexican bullfight.
El Bastardo is a mere 3.5 times the weight of a normal Street Food Chef burrito, and contains an enticing recipe of rice, black beans and either smoky chicken or shredded pork. You don’t just choose one salsa, you’ll have all four – mild, medium, hot and hot hot! (This is not for the faint hearted.) It’s smothered in sour cream, guacamole, jalapenos (and yes, you MUST eat them!) as well as broken nacho chips. Phew!
All you have to do to win your place on the prestigious Wall of Fame is eat EVERYTHING ON THE PLATE in UNDER 1 HOUR.
What’s in it for me?
If you complete the eating challenge you’ll get a place on our esteemed Wall of Fame along with your completion time, as well as a certificate and a badge, and of course all the glory and bragging rights alongside other Challenge champions.
However, if you fail the challenge you’ll be pinned on the Wall of Shame and receive a certificate and badge declaring your defeat. If you’ve tried and failed before why not come back and try again?
We serve the Burrito Challenge from 2pm until 10pm every day of the week at our Mexican Canteen in Sheffield. We’re ready for anyone who wants to take on our legendary el Bastardo!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call on 0114 275 2390 to find out more.
Terms & Conditions
- You can take part in the Burrito Challenge after 2pm every day at our Mexican Canteen
- El Bastardo costs £14.99 – a good price for a lot of potential food glory
- To win your place on the Wall of Fame, you need to eat all the food on the plate in under an hour
- Don’t try telling us that you don’t like something; we don’t accept any excuses – whoever heard of a sissy matador?
- There’s no need to book, but for larger groups advance booking is helpful for the kitchen
- We serve the Burrito Challenge burritos at our Arundel Street Mexican Canteen only in Sheffield